Well, it’s that time of year again and no, I don’t mean Christmas. I mean it’s mine and my husband’s birthday. It’s still crazy to me that I managed to hook someone who has a birthday the day after mine but I’m not complaining. I love that we can celebrate together and, every year, I love to reflect back about what I’ve learned the year before. I wanted to share a few things with you all that I’ve learned throughout my year as a 24 year old, instead of grinching that I’m a whole year older.
1. Take time. And by time I mean take the time to spend time with those you love. Everything else can wait. The moments you take in are the moments you’ll never regret.
2. Dream BIG. Have a dream? Keep it. I know mine and I keep it to myself so that one day it will come true. I work hard to achieve it and keep my eye on the prize, so to speak. Nothing will interfere with my dream.
3. Have enemies? That means you stood up for something in your life. GOOD!
4. Work hard, live HARDER. Don’t let work consume you.
5. Enjoy what you earn. Yes, saving is great (and we save plenty!) but take the time to reward your hard work. This year, I bought my very first car and I was PROUD.
6. No one is better than you, above you, period.
Happy 25th to me!